Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where each week you get a topic for your top ten list.
This week, we focus on the books that are set outside the US. I have noticed that quite a few books that I tend to read are based in the US, and I do enjoy this setting immensely, since it is a foreign country to me. However, I also love stumbling upon a book that is set outside the stated, especially in places that are completely unfamiliar to me. And the wanderlust soul in me loves to experience new cultures, therefore, transporting yourself to a new place through a book, is wonderful.
So here are my top 10 books set outside USA:
1. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Set in Australia
2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Set in Germany
3. The Wraith & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Set in Khorasan, a place that would be somewhere in Iraq and Afghanistan
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Set in Prague, Czech Republic
5. And the Moutains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
Set in Kabul, Afghanistan; Paris, France; Tinos, Greece
6. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Set in Paris, France
7. Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern
Set in Ireland
8. Someone To Run With by David Grossman
Set in Israel
9. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Set in London, England
10. Vain by Fisher Amelie
Set in Uganda and Cape Town, South Africa
So these are my choices for the books that are set outside the US. I was trying to use as many locations as I could, because there are quite a few really great books that I have read set in England or Australia, but their spots in the list have been filled by other ones.
Have you read these books? Tell me what you think of there reads, and recommend me more great books that are set outside the US.